Now in its fifth year, Tent London is the star of the Shoreditch Design District during London Design Festival. It presents an edgier side to the festival and is a great place to spot new talent. Here’s my top ten…
1. Penelope Jordan with her three-dimensional textile art.
2. Zoe Murhpy with her screen-printed mid-century furniture inspired by her hometown of Margate.
3. Mini Moderns’ new ‘Whitby’ range inspired by 1950s linocuts and of course, Whitby.
4. Sarah Angold Studio light made from individual pieces of laser-cut perspex.
5. nobody&co’s new softer, rounder Bibliochaise
6. Jan Plechac Icon chair and table taking indoor furniture outside.
7. Icarus Lightshade from Latorre Cruz (also available in black).
8. Close-up of Lee Borthwick‘s ‘Mirror Tapestry’
And the last two from the Kingston University Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture MA Show…
9. Stefanie Nieuwenhuyse bodice using wooden off-cuts to create snakeskin effect.
10. Chen Ying Gao’s portable shower for migrant workers in Beijing – providing privacy, cleanliness and five minutes peace and solitude.
You may also be interested in:
- out and about :: installations at the V&A
- out and about :: london transport museum x squint
- out and about :: interviews launch party
- out and about :: tent 2010
Further reading for the especially geeky: