I’ve only been in Helsinki for 24 hours at the time of writing and I already love it. This collection of photos is from my first two hours alone! Lots more detailed posts to follow – I promise! From top to bottom and left to right…
- A trip to Finland just wouldn’t be complete without Marimekko - I loved this yellow and black range.
- I have no idea what this building is, but I thought it looked kind of cool – near the Cable Factory – any ideas?!
- I have already spotted lots of photos of numbers!
- I love the bright orange seats on the world’s simplest Metro system (just one line!) – so on trend!
- The smell of fresh berries at Market Square on the harbour is amazing.
- More gorgeous orange from Artek – an Alvar Aalto classic.
- The Central Railway Station was designed by Eliel Saarinen (Eero Saarinen’s dad!).
- Some gorgeous glassware from Iittala. I love the colours.
- …and more from Marimekko.
- The incredible double-height apartment I’m staying in – it’s quite special.
- Daisies – just because I liked them, and because they were Alvar Aalto’s favourite flower!
- More Alvar Aalto at Artek – I love this simple print, especially in yellow.
- …and one last snap of the Central Railway Station.
Stay tuned for lots more from Helsinki…