It’s taken me eighteen months (not a lot less than I initially estimated I could complete the entire course in!), I’ve got married and moved house in the process, but I have finally, finally finished Project Two of my klc Diploma in Interior Design! (I danced around my bedroom for an entire song having carefully stuck on the last label!) So as promised, here it all is…

I’ve already posted Module 1, the colour matching exercise here, so I haven’t included it below.

Module 2 was an en suite bathroom for a male client in an art deco house. He requested a generous bath and shower and enough space for his girlfriend when she came to stay. I decided to go for a dramatic black and gold scheme to create something quite masculine with a hint of glamour. I posted in work in progress here (quite some time ago!), so thank you for everybody’s feedback and here is the final design…

Bathroom mood board

Bathroom layout

I also submitted a booklet of each element within the scheme and its proportions and details.

The brief for Module 3 was to take an existing living room and update it with a more contemporary scheme. I am a big fan of grey but have never had the confidence to mix it with other neutrals, so I decided to challenge myself to do exactly that. This is my mood board…

Living room mood board

klc are very strict about your mood boards using abstract images rather than images of interiors, and in this case it really helped to ensure that the colours I picked for my sample board really were natural tones, rather than what I imagined natural tones might be. Here’s my sample board…

Living Room

Module 4 was a period window treatment. I decided to go for a Regency scheme, having been inspired by a visit to John Soane’s house in London. The whole drawing room is in this fantastic yellow. I liked the fact that although this yellow is a Regency colour, it would have been quite a controversial choice at the time.  (John Soane’s House is definitely worth a look if you’re in the area. They even do candlelit tours on the first Tuesday of the month.)

Period Window Treatment

The final Module was a bed treatment. I didn’t know where to start as we were given quite free reign, so I decided to start by choosing a cushion fabric and then match the rest of the scheme to that. The lovely people at Margo Selby sent me some gorgeous fabric samples and I selected one of those for my headboard, bolster cushion and runner and went from there. Here’s the finished scheme…

Bedroom treatment

I still can’t quite believe I’ve finished after so long! It’s all off being marked at the moment, so I’ll let you know how I get on. And then, at some point, I need to make a start on Project 3! Wish me luck!

Further reading for the especially geeky: