out and about :: milan 2013
Katie | April 15, 2013
I’m back from an incredible week in Milan. The thousands of amazing designs I saw and the designers I met are still a mass of images in my head, so I thought I’d share them with you just like that. I promise to follow up with lots more detailed posts about each area really soon, but for now I just wanted to let you inside my head while it’s still so pretty!
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Tea makes the world a better place by The New English at designersblock
- Trees and buildings in Zona Tortona
- Tjep in Ventura Lambrate
- Hybreed by Charlotte Kingsnorth in Ventura Lambrate
- A little origami bird in a tree in Ventura Lambrate – designer unknown!
- Flowers in the street in Brera
- A Moment by Jay Hyun Kim, School of the Art Institute Chicago, Spazio Rossana Orlandi
- Love Salad Ink Porcelaine by Chiara Andreatti at Juice
- Airvase by Torafu Architects at MOST
- Tom Dixon lights at MOST
- I interviewed Nendo‘s Oki Sato – soooo excited about that and can’t wait to share the interview with you!
- Studio Job lights at MOST
- Stools made from recycled plastic bags by RE at Salone Satellite
- Salone Satellite
- Tobias Gutmann’s Face-o-mat at Spazio Rossana Orlandi – more on that later, I promise!
- Table by Feliz at Edit by Design Junction
- Linee by Taewoo Kim at Salone Satellite
Further reading for the especially geeky:
- out and about :: milan design week preview
- out and about :: ventura lambrate (2012)
- out and about :: salone satellite (2012)
- interview :: lee broom (2012)