The 2016 #coadgbursary winner is…
Katie | November 30, 2015
I am delighted to announce that the 2016 confessions of a design geek bursary winner is Marta Bordes!
Thanks to our fantastic partners and mentors, Marta will receive:
- A complimentary stand at Home London 17 – 19 January 2016
- A product showcase at the Barbican Centre
- A one-week pop-up shop at West Elm
- A one-day studio shoot with Yeshen Venema resulting in product, lifestyle and cut-out photography
- Quarterly mentoring for one year with established artist and designer and founder of HAM, Jo Ham
- One hour face-to-face or Skype mentoring sessions with: October Communications‘ Daniel Nelson re e-commerce, Decorum’s Justyna Sowa re social media, The Design Trust‘s Patricia van den Akker re business coaching, Seen PR’s David Gorrod re PR, Richard and Anthony Joseph of Joseph Joseph, and the Barbican’s Adam Thow re working with buyers.
- A half-day of consultation around Networked Storytelling with Christian Payne
- One year’s free membership of The Design Trust Business Club
- Six months’ free membership of Press Loft, plus a 20% discount thereafter
- A pre-show mentoring workshop with Daniel, Keith, Mark, Adam and Jo hosted at West Elm, alongside shortlisted designers.
- £100 to spend on moo.com on business cards, leaflets or whatever she needs to make the most of Home London
- Coverage on Home London website, confessions of a design geek and West Elm’s ‘Front + Main‘ blog
Huge congratulations to Marta and also to our shortlisted designers: Giannina Capitani, Justine Ellis, Novocastrian, Max Cairns and Sophie Southgate, all of whom will be attending a workshop with the mentors next week.
I would just like to say one last huge and heartfelt thank you to all the confessions of a design geek bursary mentors: Jo Ham, Christian Payne, Daniel Nelson, Justyna Sowa, Patricia van den Akker, David Gorrod, Adam Thow, Mark Hampshire and Keith Stephenson, and Anthony and Richard Joseph; to all the bursary partners: Home at Top Drawer, Yeshen Venema, West Elm, Barbican Centre, The Design Trust, Press Loft and Moo.com; and to Venn Creative, without whom none of this would be possible.
And last but not least don’t forget to register for Home at Topdrawer to see Marta in action in January…