brink :: kingston university graduate show
Katie | July 18, 2013
Another graduate show I went to in the hunt for outstanding work for the new graduate design show BRINK was Kingston University’s. Here are some of the things I spotted – from top to bottom, left to right:
- Joshua Tomkins’ Experimentation of Wedges is flat pack furniture in its simplest form; a response to the difficulty many people experience in assembling it.
- Egg Space by Daniel Jackson appealed to me because it’s a simple solution to a little problem.
- Tiny Grinders by Graf Kwok are small and perfectly formed.
- Prianka Sisodiya created a space saving whisk and a bowl that sits on the counter at the angle you need it to for whisking.
- I loved Sam Gordon’s very simple fabric formed concrete stools.
- Vintage? Check. Yellow (and mint green)? Check. Stationery related? Check. I loved these desk tidies by Clea Jentsch
- Parasitic Products by Sangjun Park attaches to any chair to provide a stand for a cup of tea and a walking stick.
- And finally, last but by no means least, Rory Jack Hudson has created simple additions to throwaway items to make them more useful and extend their lives.
BRINK will be co-located with Tent London at East London’s Truman Brewery 19th – 22nd September 2013 in the fabulous Loading Bay Gallery. If you or your university is interested in taking part, please email [email protected]. And I’ll be posting weekly updates as the show develops, so watch this space!
Further reading for the especially geeky: